Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Digi Limited Edition Prepaid Internet




I've been with Digi prepaid Internet for 6 months already and I'm on my way to my 3rd reload. I found my way to this product when I was approached by yellow dressing salesperson and I immediately purchase it as they was running a special promotion for students. RM5 for a started pack which was selling at RM25 at normal price.

Product Info

This is a data only sim card without any voice, sms, or mms... This suits me as I don't want to sign up for any monthly broadband services. Plus, the monthly quota is 3GB which is a generous amount for me to do internet browsing, lots of Facebook-ing, and some light youtube-ing.

Reload

Reload is normal as most prepaid reload just normal Digi reload coupon selling everywhere. But here's how things work according to new reload validity. So, reload RM100 gives you 100 day validity at RM1/day.



I normally reload RM100 and finished up nicely at around 3GB monthly. Although i sometimes exceed 3GB/month quota. The speed is still at maximum turbo 3G although Digi exercise Fair Usage Policy (FUP).


Speed

I use it with my phone

This prepaid internet is running Turbo 3G network-a bit faster than 3G. which is 384kbps download and 128kbps upload. The speed depends on Digi coverage to your area but mostly it'll vary around that speed. I mostly get maximum speed  at JB, KL, and most city/town area... and I get to watch youtube with really seldom lag.(provided i watch it at phone low quality la~)

When travelling at  PLUS highway or east coast expressway, it's normal to get stucked to GPRS/EDGE speed. (and fb becomes suuuupeeeer slowww......)

What You'll Get



This starter pack comes with 5-days preloaded internet access for you to try out.
There's a sim card  for usage by modem or smartphones.

Conclusion. I'm gonna stick to yellow Digi for now untill... i don't know when.


9 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup. Rm1 for 1 day. According to the SA i bought with. There'll be unlimited daily usage... totalling to 3gb quata per month. But, i don't see digi selling them now... it's a limited edition promotion. Anyhow, I'm still looking for some other better (cheap&more quota) alternative.... but can't find. I'm still stiking to them.

      Delete
  2. Izit rm100 for 100 days, so like 3month =9gb?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ya. But now not selling anymore. I've abandoned this package after I finished uni.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ya. But now not selling anymore. I've abandoned this package after I finished uni.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi is this pakej different with digi prepaid plan.i mean if i go to digi shop ask for limited edition one? do you think limited edition is more ok than digi prepaid brodband?tq

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have this but my quota is 300mb per day..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ho, u have abandoned this package? Does your SIM card is still active? I am searching this plan from anybody whom doesn't use this package since the telco doesn't sell it anymore. May u PM me at WALKingMAN2020@gmail.com?

    ReplyDelete