Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Travel & Places : Weekend Trip to Kuala Lumpur


I spent my last weekend visiting Kuala Lumpur. It’s just great visit Kuala Lumpur once in awhile because there’s always something to do in KL. Most Malaysians are a fan of mall culture, so I’ve been doing some mall hopping in Bukit Bintang area with my sis and a friend.

Three of us had different mission in KL.
My sis: shopping
Friend: attend convocation
Me: spent a weekend away from home (to escape from house chores)

We hopped on a morning bus to KL and arrived at noon. Our first stop was Kenanga Wholesale City. There’s a lot of ladies clothes selling at reasonable price around RM20~ for a dress maybe? around that price. Here’s how things work there, example purchase 3 pieces of clothes of the same type and get discounts. Anyway, these bargains only suits people running business…shop…or anything like that. Maybe, get a few friends to purchase the same clothes together and get discounts. :)
Thought: There’s chances to find some nice cheap stuff here. But for me, I’d rather go to Times Square as the price range are the same and there’s a lot more choices. I would say we wasted a whole afternoon there.


hazelnut chocolate milk tea. my favourite.

At evening, we decided to grab a cup of Chatime and walk back to Times Square because the streets were congested and there’s no chances to flag down a cab. Anyway, it was a pleasant walk as the sun is setting down.
By night, everything did’t turned out well. Porridge for dinner to save tummy for supper at Jalan Alor which later the plan fell of because I just can’t resist to gravity of bed. Also, I entered a bookstore for too long and forgot that snowflake is closing down. S**T!



At least I’ve discovered a convenient shop selling a bunch of magazines at 70% off~ I bought some cute lonely planet cityscape books at rm5 each. Some good info to pick up for my project presentation next semester.

The next day we woke up really late and checked out at 1pm. Head to Sg.Wang plaza to store our backpack in locker beside MCD and continue shopping in Berjaya Times Square.


Found some real cheap sandals there, but can’t find any bags i like. So, I’ve given up looking for bags and stood at the concourse to check out the RHB spell-it-right.
Later that evening we left KL and head back home with 2 large bags full of clothes and bags: which are not mine but my sis. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment